No need to worry about thawing your ground beef for recipes when it’s so easy to cook frozen ground beef in the Instant Pot!
- 1–2 lbs* ground beef
- Pour a cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Place in the trivet, then set the frozen ground beef on the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set the cook time for 15 minutes on high pressure. When the cook time is complete, let the pressure naturally release.
- Carefully take the lid off the Instant Pot and set to the side. Lift the ground beef (still in a block on the trivet) out of the pot and set on a plate. Discard the cooking liquid and grease in the bottom of the pot.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the Instant Pot and turn the Instant Pot on to Saute. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat in the bottom of the pot.
- Add whatever seasoning or sauce you want, or transfer the ground beef to another dish to use in your recipe.
*If you are cooking more than a pound or two of frozen ground beef, increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes and expect it to take longer to come to pressure.