This ginger chicken noodle soup is perfect comfort food, so healthy and cozy on a chilly night, when you are feeling under the weather, or for sharing with others who could use a nutritious and delicious meal.
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 cups minced carrot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken breast* (shredded if cooked, diced if uncooked)
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4– 1/2 tsp ground ginger**
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. When the screen reads HOT, add the butter, then immediately stir in the minced onion. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to soften and become slightly translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the cream and cornstarch, to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine, then place on the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Set the cook time for 4 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Stir together the heavy cream and cornstarch in a small mixing cup or bowl. Turn the Instant Pot back on to Sauté. Pour in the cream mixture, then stir the soup as it simmers and thickens slightly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, but be careful because the soup is very hot.
* You can add another chicken breast if you want more meat in your soup
** Use 1/2 teaspoon ginger for a little extra “kick”