This garlic orzo is so easy in the Instant Pot! It’s the perfect quick and easy lunch or comfort-food dinner. We love it with bacon and greens, but the variations are endless!
- 5 tbsp kerrygold butter, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 generous pinches kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped greens (I use a mix of spinach, Swiss chard, and baby kale)
- heaping 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot on to Saute. While the Instant Pot heats, peel and mince the garlic. Measure out the orzo and 2 1/4 cup of water.
- When the Instant Pot’s display reads “HOT”, add 2 tablespoons of butter and the minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds, then add the orzo, salt, and water. Stir until the ingredients are incorporated. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure. Set the lid aside, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the bacon, greens, and parmesan cheese. Add extra salt to taste.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese (optional).
The base of garlic orzo works well with lots of different variations. Sub roasted chicken for the bacon, or use ham or sausage, or a mix of multiple proteins. Sub greens for broccoli, peas, or another green veggie.
You can also sub half the butter for olive oil for a lighter calorie dish.