I love the coziness that a little Fall decor brings, but still need simplicity and a kid-friendly pieces. Here is how I decorated our home for Fall on a budget.
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
It’s October, but I don’t think the weather got the memo. We are still looking a week full of highs in the 80’s and days of full sun. Yesterday, I considered trying to ignore the heat and got dressed in pants and a new sweater. Two minutes in, I knew it was a bad idea. So I put the sweater back in the closet and put on a chambray shirt. Also much too hot. As ready as I am to embrace pants and scarves and all.the.cozy.things, it was back into shorts and a t-shirt for me.
I have to wait a while for the Fall clothes, but thankfully I can deck out my house in Fall decor even when the temperatures are sweltering.
A couple of weeks ago, I took down all the summer decor–the bright colors and summery things–and swapped them for muted golds and creams, and apples and pumpkins.
My decor is never the same each year, in part because my furniture and wall pieces change throughout the year, and in part simply because I love the challenge of figuring out something new each time I redo my mantle.
I’m going to keep this post short and sweet, because between homeschooling, keeping our house somewhat tidy, and feeding my family, blog work is currently getting squeezed into the nooks and crannies of my day. I have found the hours after everyone goes to bed to be exceptionally peaceful.
Keep scrolling for a quick photo tour of our home’s Fall decor. You can also watch a fifteen minute video on YouTube for a Fall home tour (new today!). I shared more details about the process, how I did the cotton ball wreath, and such. If you are curious about the rest of the house– how we organize our living areas and a little more details–you can also check out the home tour video.
Fall Home Tour
Mantle & Living Room
- Fall leaves :: Hobby Lobby
- Metal pitcher :: IKEA
- Ceramic squirrel :: Target
- Fake pumpkins :: Hobby Lobby
- Chalkboard :: Hobby Lobby
- Easel :: Handmade (from our Art Party)
- Wreath :: Hobby Lobby
- Cotton Stems (3) :: Hobby Lobby
- Large framed sign :: Hobby Lobby
- Rose gold string lights :: Amazon
- Gold table runner :: Handmade
- Driftwood :: found on beach
- White pumpkins :: farmer’s market
- Wooden sign :: Hobby Lobby
- Hearth & Home candle :: Target
- Fake greenery :: Hobby Lobby
Kitchen & Dining Room
- Watercolor apples :: handmade
- Mustard serving platter :: IKEA
- Wire basket :: Target
- Mrs. Meyer’s Fall soaps :: Grove Collaborative
- “Let’s Stay Home” sign :: Target
- Embroidery hoop :: handmade (simple embroidery tutorial)
- Mail organizer :: Hobby Lobby
- Chalkboard :: Goodwill
- Mirror :: Target
- Gold pompoms :: Hobby Lobby
- Metal pumpkin :: Hobby Lobby
- Gather sign :: Hobby Lobby
- Maroon vase :: Goodwill
- White wall shelf :: Goodwill
That’s it guys! I love decorating, but I do also like to keep things simple. We are off to the park, then back home for school, then back out for ballet lessons, the library, and the park again! Whew!
P.S. I need something on my chalkboard still, but inspiration hasn’t hit. Do you have any suggestions?
Do you decorate for Fall?
Do you keep things the same each year, or change it up?
More like this ::