- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 4 heaping C broccoli florets
- 4 C chicken broth
- 2 C spinach
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in the Instant Pot on Saute. Add the onion and spices and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then the broccoli florets. Stir to combine ingredients.
2. Pour in the chicken broth. Cover the IP, close the valve, and set IP to 4 minutes on manual high pressure.
3. After 4 minutes on high pressure, quick release pressure. Return the IP to Saute, and add the spinach. Stir in the spinach until the leaves are wilted.
4. Blend the soup in a blender or food processor. Add the cheeses and blend again to incorporate.
5. Serve immediately with croutons and extra Parmesan cheese (optional).
Adapted from Cooks Illustrated