A recipe for an easy strawberry crisp, made with natural sweeteners and gluten-free ingredients. Perfect with homemade yogurt, fresh whipped cream, or a small bowl of ice cream!
Yesterday as I was preparing to go on Facebook live to show you how to make this incredibly easy and even more tasty strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, I decided to go ahead and share a second strawberry recipe since the vinaigrette would only take about five minutes.
I pulled up a recipe for simple strawberry crisp on my phone. I first published the recipe during strawberry season three years ago. And as I am constantly learning and (hopefully) improving what we eat for the better, I knew that I wanted to give the recipe an update.
Easy Strawberry Crisp (Naturally Sweetened & Gluten-Free)
This healthier version uses coconut sugar– which is admittedly still sugar, but at least has its own advantages— and less sugar overall. The flour from the original recipe is also swapped for gluten-free arrowroot.
We enjoyed our easy strawberry crisp over homemade yogurt for a great afternoon snack, but serving it over ice cream or with fresh whipped cream would both be two equally delicious options.
If you need more than six servings, the recipe can easily be doubled. It’s best with fresh (not frozen) strawberries, but you could use frozen in a pinch if you thawed and drained the berries first.
(Jump to minute 3:30 to skip the strawberry balsamic vinaigrette recipe and see the strawberry crisp prep).
Special ingredients you need ::
An easy recipe for a sweet strawberry crisp, made with natural sweeteners and gluten-free ingredients. Perfect with homemade yogurt, fresh whipped cream, or a small bowl of ice cream!
- 2 C strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C arrowroot powder
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1/4 C melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir together the filling ingredients, then transfer to a square baking dish.
- In the same bowl you stirred the filling, combine the dry ingredients for the crisp topping. Stir together with a fork, and then pour in the melted butter. Stir again with a fork until the topping is wet and thoroughly coated with the butter.
- Spread the crisp topping across the strawberry filling, then bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until crisp and bubbly.
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!