Spicy jambalaya with shrimp and sausage is so easy to make in an Instant Pot!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 C frozen shrimp, thawed
- 3 tsp Tony’s Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 C brown basmati rice*
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 C chicken broth
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the Instant Pot on Saute. Add the shrimp and 1 tsp Tony’s seasoning. Saute the shrimp until it is pink, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp and cooking liquid from the Instant Pot. Drain the shrimp and set aside, reserving the cooking liquid.
2. Brown the sausage and chicken in the Instant Pot on Saute for three minutes. Add the chopped peppers and onions, and the remaining 2 tsp Tony’s seasoning. Saute the meat and vegetables for about two more minutes.
3. Stir in the rice, tomatoes, broth, and reserved shrimp cooking liquid. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any meat that stuck. When the bottom of the pot is clear, cover the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
4. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure. Return the shrimp to the pot. Serve the jambalaya when the shrimp is warmed. Serve with additional hot sauce as desired.
*Cooking time could vary depending on the type of rice you use. A white rice would not take as long to cook.