Homemade granola is so easy to make and is so tasty on your breakfast yogurt or for snacking during the day!
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients (oats, nuts, seeds, coconut) in a large bowl. Combine the honey, melted oil, and extract in a liquid measuring cup. Pour the wet ingredients in the bowl of dry ingredients and stir. Keep stirring until all the dry ingredients are coated and wet looking.
- Use parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to line a baking sheet. Spread the granola across the baking sheet. Try to get the granola in as flat a layer as possible.
- Bake the granola for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Let the granola cool before stirring (it will continue to clump together as it cools). After it is cool, you can break it up with a wooden spoon and eat it right away or transfer it to an airtight container for storing.