This simple fabric photo book is an easy project that can be so special and significant!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
I made my husband a fabric photo book as a first anniversary gift. I can’t remember if I gave him anything else, but I do know that he still has the photo book I made for him.
The photo book was a whim of an idea, using fabric scraps that I had on hand and a mix of photos and handwritten notes. I copied part of our wedding vows, wrote him a few notes, and wrote out a few Bible verses about love. It was a simple project that conveyed a lot of meaning.
I want to make a new fabric photo book, now that it’s been over a decade since the first one, filled with pictures of our kids and new verses and notes.
DIY Fabric Photo Book
My sewing skills have improved over the last decade, but you can probably tell from the pictures that your sewing doesn’t have to be perfect to still be special and meaningful.
How I Made It:
- I used modge podge to cover and protect the paper and photos with a clear topcoat.
- Then I used a zigzag stitch to sew the paper/photos onto the fabric.
- Once the pages were complete, I put two pages together, right sides facing, and sewed around three of the sides before turning the pages right sides out and closing the open side with a basic seam. You could easily hand stitch the opening instead of topstitching if you didn’t want to be able to see the stitches.
- Sew a cover & strap (optional).
- Stack the pages on top of each other, with the cover at the bottom, and sew down the middle of the book, securing the pages and cover together.
Shop This Project:
This is a very simplistic “tutorial”. If I make another one, I will update with more “process” pictures. If you make a fabric photo book, I’d love to see your finished product. Tag me @thispilgrimlife on Instagram and Facebook.
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
[…] Fabric Pocket Photo Book (this is such a fun and sweet gift idea for spouses and children!) […]