Five quick and easy DIY essential oil gifts you can make and give using common ingredients and high-quality oils!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Every year for as long as I can remember, I have made handmade gifts for friends and family, in one form or another. I love spending the time crafting or baking, and will usually carve out a week or so before Christmas where I stay up late and work on gifts for my kids or my husband.
In fact, this will be my last post before Christmas so that I can put work away for a week and enjoy the holidays with my kids. They are begging to get started on the sewing and crafting, and now that I have reorganized my work area, I am ready too!
Can anyone else relate to not being able to work until the space is neat tidy? I know it’s not just me…right?
The past couple of years I have dived into using oils more and more in our daily lives, and as we are seeing all the wonderful effects from our essential oils, I am more and more eager to share them with others.
Right now, that means putting together gifts for friends and family using essential oils. I am going to tell you how to make five simple oily gifts, but really this post is just scratching the surface with what you can make to gift oils.
Let me know if you are interested in seeing more oil related content on the blog, including more DIY projects!
You can watch how to make all five of these DIY essential oil gifts on my YouTube channel, but I’ve also included part of the video below (how to make lotion bars).
If I don’t get a chance to tell you again before the big day, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, enjoying the blessing of family and the coming of hope into the world!
DIY Essential Oil Gifts
Get a printable copy of the directions for these DIY gifts at the bottom of the post.
Easy, Portable Lotion Bars
I am prone to getting excema on my hands during the winter, so I know the struggle of finding help for my dry, chapped hands. The beeswax, shea butter, and oils have been incredible at keeping my hands smooth and soft. You can use different oils, but the frankincense and lavender are especially good for dry skin. Bergamot is a great oil for emotional health too.
- 1/2 cup beeswax
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 5-8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 5-8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5-8 drops Bergamot essential oil
- Melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter together in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the mixture is completely melted. Remove from the heat and add the essential oils.
- If using dried ingredients in your lotion bars, add these to the mold first, then pour in the hot lotion bar mixture.
- Let the lotion bars cool completely in a cool environment. (The fridge or freezer work well). Store in a bags or tins.
Warming Winter Sugar Scrub
- Granulated sugar
- olive oil
- Wild Orange essential oil
- Clove essential oil
- Mix together 5 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 4 drops of Wild Orange essential oil, and 2 drops of clove essential oil in a small mason jar.
- Toss/mix with a fork or spatula.
- Use 1 teaspoon at a time to massage into your hands at the sink.
Winter Magic Room Spray
- Witch Hazel
- Douglas fir essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Fill a small spray bottle with witch hazel. Add 5 drops each of Douglas fir, frankincense, and grapefruit.
- Spray liberally to improve the air, mist on upholstered furniture and on curtains. Relax and enjoy!
Spa Style Bath Salt
- epsom salt
- baking soda
- bentonite clay (optional)
- lavender essential oil
- eucalyptus essential oil
- In a half-pint jar, pour in 1 cup of epsom salt, then add 1 tablespoon of baking soda (and 1 tablespoon bentonite clay if using). Place on lid and shake to incorporate. Add 5 drops of lavender and 2 drops of eucalyptus oil, then shake once more.
- Add desired amount to warm bath when ready to use.
I wear my bracelets daily! I have been using OnGuard most often recently, but I also enjoy using Wild Orange and Balance. The oils last 2-3 days in the lava beads!
- glass (or otherwise) beads
- lava beads
- elastic string
- essential oils of choice
- Thread beads on the elastic string, adding 2-4 lava beads together in the center of the bracelet. Tie ends together.
- Drop 1-2 drops of essential oil on lava beads (the oil can last 2-3 days, so apply as needed). Enjoy the benefits of the oils topically and aromatically!
Print the instructions for the DIY essential oils gifts.
What are some of your favorite handmade gifts to give?
Interested in DoTERRA essential oils?
I am not interested in pushing anyone to do anything they are not ready for, but I’d be remiss if I shared with you all these great DIY gifts made with essential oils, and then didn’t at least tell you how you could get high-quality oils for yourself.
If it’s not your cup of tea, no problem! Let’s still be friends. If you want to know a little more, you can find more details here.
Have any other questions? Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), or message me on Facebook, or comment below!
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
[…] Essential Oil Gifts(Lotion Bars, Room Spray, etc) […]