More than 75 craft ideas for anyone creative on your list! This craft gift guide is FULL of fine arts, textiles, preschool crafts, woodworking, and MORE!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
The third gift guide of 2020 is ALL ABOUT THE CRAFTS! I’ve covered all the bases in this craft gift guide, from drawing and painting, to printing and woodworking, to preschool art and sewing for all ages!
The best part of this gift guide is that you are not only giving supplies for a fun hobby, you could be giving the opportunity to learn a skill that could last a lifetime and even earn an income!
Whether you are shopping for a toddler or a teenager or an adult, there’s something for anyone who enjoys creative side of life.
MEGA Arts & Crafts Gift Guide
Scroll through this gift guide to find ideas for each of these types of crafting. When possible, I tried to include ideas for multiple age groups within each category. In our home, with a variety of ages doing art together, I’ve found it’s helpful to let everyone participate to whatever degree possible.
- General Supplies
- Misc. Crafting
- Molding & Shaping
- Preschool & Toddler
- Activity Trays Set of 8 or Set of 4 :: I am ALWAYS recommending these trays. They come in handy almost daily in our home.
- Set of 12 Drawing Pencils :: A set of drawing pencils with different degrees of softness/hardness are helpful for anyone with an interest in drawing.
- Papermate Flair Felt Tip Pens :: We love these colored pens.
- 72-Ct Colored Pencils
- Gel Crayon Set :: These crayons draw with such bold colors!
- Sketchbooks: Moleskins & Canson Universal Sketch Pad :: Moleskins are heirloom quality sketchbooks, while the Cansons are great for kids who quickly fill up sketchbooks with their drawings.
- Nature Coloring Book & Rainforest Coloring Book :: We’ve had these for years because they’re so beautiful, I just make copies of the pages.
- Tabletop Paper Roll Dispenser :: I always keep rolls of paper on hand for drawing, as well as lining the table for messier crafts.
- Pilot G2 Gel Pens :: These pens are a FAVORITE for writing and drawing in our home.
- Pencil Case with Organizers :: Lots of storage and organization in this art case.
- Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners with Brush Pens :: Learning to letter for older kids and adults.
- Hand Lettering & Modern Calligraphy for Kids with Dual Coloring Pens :: A great introduction to lettering for younger kids.
- Melissa & Doug Scratchboards (set of 12) :: Scratchboards can be a fun switch from regular drawing time!
- Speedball Block Printing Starter Set & Rubber Stamping Blanks (5pc) :: Making prints with linoleum or rubber cuts is a fun project and a great intro to printmaking.
- Beginner’s Guide to Linocut :: Learn more about the art of linocuts.
- Ultra Thin Portable Light Box :: This Lightbox is affordable and really handy for artists of all levels.
- 36 Color Paint Palette :: My younger kids use a palette like this because it’s easy for them to use, while still giving them plenty of color options.
- Folding Paint Tray with 25 wells :: My older kids and I use this paint palette in which we mix our own colors. I love how easy it is to use, not to mention portable and very low-mess.
- Castle Watercolor Paint Set- 24 Tubes :: Using paint tubes is a great way to have more control over your colors and learn all about mixing colors.
- Paint Palette 48 Colors in Pocket Box :: A compromise between the standard paint palette, and one in which you mix all your own colors. This one can be the best of both worlds and a great starter option.
- 12-Pack Paint Brushes :: Good brushes are so important for enjoying and creating art.
- 24-Ct Presharpened Watercolor Pencils :: Watercolor pencils are another fun way to enjoy watercoloring.
- Watercolor Paper Pad :: Thicker paper that can handle the extra moisture and water is a must with watercolor painting.
- Watercolor With Me In the Forest, In the Ocean, In the Jungle :: These watercolor books are incredible for all ages.
- Everyday Watercolor :: An excellent resource for learning more about the art of watercolor.
Molding & Shaping
- Fun Foam Modeling Set :: My kids love playing with this moldable foam! Easy to use and easy to clean up.
- 24-Pk Play-Doh Set :: A classic for a reason. My kids always get new play-doh at Christmas.
- ACTIVA Natural Self-Hardening Clay :: We love this clay for making permanent projects, pinch bowls, and so on.
- Modeling Clay Set :: Modeling clay is fun to work with (moreso than play-doh for older kids), but doesn’t have to be permanent.
- Pottery & Clay Tools :: This basic tool set is very helpful when working with clay.
- Polymer Clay Starter Kit :: Use this kit to learn to make permanent projects like jewelry and beads!
- Air-Dry Clay Project Book :: I want to get this book for more ideas of projects to use with our clay.
- 101 Kids Activities that are the Ooey, Gooey-est Ever! DIY Slimes, Doughs, & Moldables :: We have this book. It’s FULL of fun and simple recipes for all kinds of homemade doughs and slimes and more. (Some are even edible!)
- My First Crochet Book :: Crocheting is simple enough for young kids to learn with a little help!
- Crochet Hooks (this guide from Spruce Crafts is also helpful) :: Hooks and yarn are all you need to start crocheting!
- Edward’s Menagerie: Over 40 Toy Animal Crochet Patterns :: Love these crocheted stuffed animals!
- Macrame Cord & book: Macrame: Projects & Techniques for the Complete Beginner :: Another simple skill to learn that can last a lifetime.
- 7″ Potholder Weaving Loom :: My kids love making me potholders on their looms (and the potholders are my favorites to use in the kitchen!)
- Wooden Weaving Loom & Weaving on A Little Loom project book :: I love this little loom! This is a great step-up from the potholder loom.
- Large Wooden Weaving Loom with Stand :: And this is one step up from that! Learn to weave beautiful wall hangings and more.
- Yarn Bag for Yarn & Needles :: Love this little bag to keep up with your yarn and various needles.
- Melissa & Doug Lacing Pets :: Lacing cards like these are great for little fingers to practice on and learn from while others are busy sewing.
- Hand Stitching Embroidery Kit: Starter Set for Kids :: Embroidery is a simple craft that requires very little materials. So portable too!
- 3 Pack Embroidery Kit for Beginners :: I LOVE these embroidery designs and projects! Great for older kids wanting to practice embroidery.
- 47 Piece Cross-Stitch/Embroidery Kit w/ Hoops, Needles, Etc :: This is a great set of needles, hoops, etc to start an embroidery hobby.
- Basic Brother Sewing Machine :: This simple sewing machine is a great beginner machine. If possible, I would definitely suggest getting a machine that kids can “grow into” that could last them for many years. Plus, with a Brother, you know it’s going to work well.
- Mini Sewing Machine w/ Extension Table :: This machine has great reviews and is a much smaller and more affordable option for learning to sew.
- Sewing Kit :: This kit has all the basics. It would be great for any age learning to sew.
- Bobbin Winder :: This is a handy tool that could be a great gift idea for someone already interested in sewing.
- Books: Sewing School, Sewing School 2: Lessons in Machine Sewing, Sewing School: Fashion Design :: Great books with basic “getting started” info and projects.
- Sewing Basket :: Every seamstress needs a sewing basket and there are so many styles and patterns to choose from!
Preschool & Toddler
- Do A Dot Markers & Coloring Book :: These markers are so fun for little hands, especially when paired with a dot-specific coloring book.
- Jumbo Triangular Crayons :: Crayons meant to fit little hands for easier holding and drawing.
- Water Drawing Mat :: Mess-free fun!
- Water Wow Bundle :: We love these little pads. All you need is a wet brush (you don’t even have to use the one included) to “color” in the pictures.
- Busy Little Hands: Play Food! Activities for Preschoolers :: This cookbook specifically written for young kids looks so inviting and fun with its colorful pages and tasty recipes!
- Melissa & Doug Animal Stamp Set & Fairy Tale Stamp Set :: Stamps can be fun for all ages, but especially for younger kids who aren’t quite able to draw all the things in their imagination yet. (This fairy tale set will be under the tree for my 3-year-old!)
- Rainbow Loom Mega Combo Set :: My kids “discovered” rainbow loom this summer (I was admittedly a little resistant to the potential mess) and have LOVED it. They took off learning the designs and my 6-year-old even taught herself how to make the bracelets without the loom. She will be selling her bracelets at our craft fair soon. Highly recommend!
- Melissa & Doug Lacing Beads :: These lacing beads are great practice for little hands wanting to make jewelry too!
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Bead Set :: We bought this set a couple Christmases ago, and my daughters still use it to make jewelry periodically.
- Pony Beads :: These simple beads are great for boys or girls, and are also fun for toddlers/preschoolers when paired with pipe cleaners.
- Friendship Bracelet Maker & Friendship Bracelet 101 book :: I love this tool that helps making friendship bracelets easier! Get the book with lots of design ideas to go along with it!
- Embroidery Floss Set :: Love this carrying case to keep up with all your embroidery floss!
- Jewelry Making Starter Set & Tools :: Older kids interested in making more involved jewelry will enjoy this set of wires, clasps, and tools.
- Charm Bracelet Kit :: This set comes with so many different fun charms to use to make bracelets!
- Metal Stamping Kit with Letters, Numbers, & Symbols with Flat Stamping Tags :: Metal stamped jewelry is so popular now. This could easily become both hobby and small business!
- Make Your Own Paracord Bracelets Kit :: This kit has all you need to make 8 paracord bracelets.
In the Kitchen
- Cake Decorating Kit
- Cookie Decorating Kit
- Mini Cake Pops Maker
- 5pc Mini Spatula Set
- The Complete Baking Book for Young Chefs :: America’s Test Kitchen is known for both educating and providing foolproof recipes.
- Stir Crack Whisk Bake: Interactive Baking Board Book :: My kids LOVE this fun baking book that has them participating on every page!
- The Ultimate Kids’ Baking Book :: Love these cookbooks that my friend Tiffany and her daughters wrote. So many colorful, sweet treats!
- Junior Baker (Williams Sonoma) :: A cookbook for teens interested in learning more about baking.
- Opinel Kids Chef Set :: We love Opinel knives (as seen on our Outdoor Gift Guide). This set comes with a knife, peeler, and finger guard.
- Kai Little Chef Club Knife :: We have and love these kids’ chef knives.
- Kitchen Aprons
- 9 Nesting Bowl Set with Mixing Bowls, Colander, & Measuring Spoons :: Such a fun idea and so colorful!
- The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs
- The How-To Cookbook for Teens :: Send your teens off with the knowledge and experience they need to thrive in the kitchen!
- 12pc Whittling Tools Set :: My older boys have been using these whittling tools for over a year. They are getting really good at whittling, and my 10-year-old will be selling a collection of wooden spoons he’s carved at our craft fair!
- Cut Resistant Safety Gloves :: Very important to use when whittling to keep from cutting fingers!
- Bass Wood blocks :: We get these blocks for our boys to use with their whittling tools.
- Complete Starter Guide to Whittling & The Art of Whittling: Classic Projects
- The Artful Wooden Spoon :: I want to get this book for my oldest!
- Short Barrel Wood Burning Kit :: Another great skill for older kids to learn.
- Unfinished Natural Wood Slices :: These would pair well with the wood burning set!
- 39-Piece Hand Tool Kit with Case :: Everyone needs their own basic tool set!
More Gift Guides ::
- 35+ Kitchen Gifts for $25 or Less
- Mega List of Outdoor Gift Ideas for All Ages
- Best Toys for Kids 10 & Under :: 50 Toys that Will Last
- Shop Small Gift Ideas for Women
- Handmade Gift Ideas for All Ages