- 1 – 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your clean hands to mix everything together until it is well incorporated and no streaks remain.
3. Form the mixture into a “loaf” and place in a glass bread pan. Press the loaf towards the middle so there is about an inch or room on each end for the grease to drain.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
5. Serve with additional parmesan cheese or (my husband’s preferred way) with ketchup.
TO COOK IN INSTANT POT ::
Place meatloaf in a pan or make a sling from foil. Pour a cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, set in the trivet, and place the meatloaf on the trivet. Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. Quick release the pressure. (Optional: Place the meatloaf under the broiler to crisp the top for a few minutes before serving).