Enjoy more holiday spirit this season with Christmas audiobooks! This collection includes audiobooks for all ages, for advent listening, and just for fun. Plus, almost all of the audiobooks are less than $10!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Audiobooks are a regular part of our daily life all year long, so it’s only natural that during the holiday season we spend a lot of time listening to Christmas audiobooks too. We listen to some books during school time, others during quiet play time, and still more while we are driving down the road.
Because we have been Audible members for several years now, we have amassed quite a collection of audiobooks in our library. It’s so nice to be able to revisit the same books every year, and most years we add another book to our library.
But, even if you are not an Audible member, this list of audiobooks can still be purchased and played with the Audible app. Most of the books are less than $10, though if you want to sign up for a free trial of Audible, you can get one book for free and get discounts on others.
KEEP SCROLLING TO SEE…
- Advent audiobooks for kids
- Advent audiobooks for adults
- Christmas chapter books for younger kids
- Christmas chapter books for older kids
- Christmas audio picture books
- Bonus ideas for more than $10
WHEN TO LISTEN:
- during mealtimes
- while quietly playing with toys or drawing
- while you work on handmade gifts for Christmas
- a rest time or bedtime
- in the car
- while baking cookies
- at the table, sipping on hot chocolate
HOW TO LISTEN:
- with an Echo Dot speaker in a bedroom or play room (currently on sale!– We use these in our bedrooms for music and audiobooks)
- with an Echo Studio in a larger room or living room (We love this newer addition to our home. The sound quality is amazing and loud enough to hear over the ambient noise of five children)
- through a bluetooth speaker and your phone
- through the computer
- on bluetooth headphones (I do this personally for my books)
40+ Christmas Audiobooks
- All Creation Waits, Gayle Boss
- Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones (get a free guide to use this children’s Bible for advent)
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift, Ann Voskamp
- Keeping Christmas: 25 Advent Reflections on a Christmas Carol, Allison Pittman
- Jotham’s Journey: A Storybook for Advent, Arnold Ytreeide (disclaimer: read the reviews, might be too intense for younger children)
- Behold the Lamb of God, Russ Ramsey
- Honest Advent: Awakening to the Wonder of God-with-Us Then, Here & Now, Scott Erikson
- Unwrapping the Names of Jesus, Asheritah Ciuciu
- Come Let Us Adore Him, Paul David Tripp
- The Dawning of Indestructible Joy, John Piper
- God Is in the Manger, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
CHAPTER BOOKS FOR THE YOUNGER SET
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever Barbara Robinson || This book is such a classic and is so much fun to read/listen to. I also love that it has a great message and ending, and can be a great conversation starter to talk about how the gospel is for the “bad kids” and how all of us are really the “bad kids” at heart.
- A Ghost Tale for Christmas, Mary Pope Osborne || Even though my kids are not ready for Dickens, it doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy parts of the story. This book is a good, kid-friendly introduction to the holiday classic. Along with the Muppets movie version, of course.
- Christmas in Camelot, Mary Pope Osborne || If your kids are Magic Tree House fans (or even if they unfamiliar with the series), listening to some of the stories is a lot of fun. I appreciate how the books blend an enjoyable story with interesting facts from history.
- Letters from Father Christmas, J.R.R. Tolkien || These are fun letters from Father Christmas and his polar bear to Tolkien’s children. Each letter is short and easy to listen to, but it is not something I would recommend listening to straight through so your kids do not lose interest.
- Children of Noisy Village, Astrid Lindgen || This book is not exactly a Christmas book, but it is one of our family’s favorites. The book is short, inexpensive, and the stories are wonderful. There is a chapter on Christmas which is sweet and heartwarming. I bought my kids the picture book based on the Christmas chapter this year, too.
- The Children’s Book of Christmas Stories, Asa Don Dickinson & Ada M. Skinner || 35 Christmas selections, including one selection from A Christmas Carol. This one would be good for the whole family!
- Peter Rabbit: Christmas Is Coming: A Christmas Countdown Collection, Beatrix Potter
- The Nutcracker & The Mouse King, A BBC Full Dramatization, E.T.A. Hoffman
- The True Gift, Patricia MacLachlan
- The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
CHAPTER BOOKS FOR THE OLDER SET
- A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens, narrated by Patrick Stewart
- The Nutcracker & The Mouse King, E.T.A. Hoffman
- The Gift of the Magi, O. Henry || A Christmas classic and a wonderful story to get your kids (and you) thinking about sacrificial love and generous giving.
- Christmas Books at Bedtime, BBC || Short Christmas stories from classic authors like Dickens and Hans Christian Anderson.
- Great Joy, Kate DiCamillo
- A Child’s Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Birds’ Christmas Carol, Kate Douglas Wiggin
- What Child Is This: A Christmas Story, Caroline B. Cooney
- Christmas in the Adirondacks, William H.H. Murray
These Christmas audiobooks are shorter, (which the price reflects), but are fun for short listenings during meals or when you need the kids to be quiet for a little break.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Dr. Seuss || A fun classic with a good lesson. We have the version with Walter Matthau narrating and he does a great job.
- A Christmas Surprise, Jennifer Carter
- A Gingerbread Christmas, Eric Metaxas
- The Spirit of Christmas, Nancy Tillman
- The Savior Is Born, Brian Gleeson, narrated by Morgan Freeman
- God Gave Us Christmas, Lisa Dawn Bergren
- The Gingerbread Man, Scholastic
- The Legend of the Poinsettia, Tomie dePaolo
BONUS BOOKS (MORE THAN $10)
More Christmas audiobooks that are a little more than $10, but perfect for using an Audible credit!
- A Boy Called Christmas, Matt Haig
- Aunt Sass Christmas Stories, P.L. Travers || Christmas collection of stories by the author of Mary Poppins.
- Christmas Stories of Louisa May Alcott || A collection of short stories taken from Alcott’s novels (like Little Women)
- Christmas with Anne, L.M. Montgomery || Anne’s (of Green Gables) Christmas stories and experiences from the series.
- Charles Dickens Complete Christmas Collection || Christmas Carol, The Chimes, Cricket on the Hearth, and more
Sharing is caring! Help support this blog by pinning and sharing. Thank you!