Chia seed jam is so quick and easy to make, is super healthy, and so tasty too! Only three ingredients and fifteen minutes!
- 5 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 cup honey (to taste)
- 2 (heaping) tbsp chia seeds
1. Stir together water and berries in a medium saucepan.
2. Heat berries over medium-high heat, until they come to a boil, about five minutes.
3. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Use the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher to mash the berries as they soften.
4. Stir in honey.
5. After about ten minutes, when the fruit is soft and thickened, remove the pan from heat. Stir in the chia seeds and mix well.
6. Transfer the jam to jars and let the it cool completely. Keep in the refrigerator. The jam will thicken as it cools.