Cheddar garlic drop biscuits are so simple to make from scratch and taste just like the Red Lobster biscuits! I love serving these biscuits with our meal when we want bread but do not have time for French bread or focaccia.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold milk or whey
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 Preheat the oven to 475°.
2. Melt the butter in a heat safe dish. Set the butter to the side to let it cool.
3. Stir together the dry ingredients (flour through garlic powder) in a medium mixing bowl. Add the shredded cheese and toss until the cheese is well incorporated into the flour mixture.
4. In a liquid measuring cup, combine the cold milk and the melted butter. (The biscuits are best when the milk is kept in the refrigerator until just before combining with the cooled, melted butter). Stir the milk and butter mixture until small clumps of butter form. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, just until no dry streaks remain.
5. Drop portions of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, yielding 9 medium-size biscuits or 12 small biscuits.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes in preheated oven. (Optional: brush the biscuits with extra butter while they are hot out of the oven).