These delicious garlic green beans are a must-have family recipe. The beans are blistered and dehydrated in the pan and bursting with garlic flavor!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 heaping tablespoons freshly minced garlic*
- 50oz can green beans (Hanover Blue Lake in the white can are the BEST)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Drain and rinse 2-3 times the green beans (you can do this right in the can, or use a colander).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the green beans, then stir well to incorporate the minced garlic throughout the beans. Season the beans with the granulated garlic, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Bring the beans up to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Let the beans cook and become blistered and dehydrated, stirring every so often (once or twice in the cooking process). The process will take about 30 minutes.
*Our family enjoys a LOT of garlic in this recipe, but you can adjust to taste. (But really, can you have too much garlic? We have yet to find this to be the case).