Instant Pot 30 Minute Barbecue ChickenDelicious homemade pizza topped with sweet onions and tangy barbecue chicken!
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C caramelized onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 C barbecue chicken (or pork)
- Preheat the oven. Heat your oven to 500 if you are using a baking steel/stone. Heat to 450 if you’re using a pizza pan.
- Caramelize the onions. Cut a quarter of a medium-sized yellow onion into thin slices. Heat a pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion slices to the pan and stir to coat with butter. Add a pinch of salt and cook the onions until they are brown and soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. If the onions start to look too dry, drizzle in a little olive oil or add a little extra butter. Remove from heat and set aside when finished.
- Make the dough. First combine the yeast and hot water in a liquid measuring cup, then mix together 1 C of the flour and the sea salt in a small mixing bowl. Pour the yeast water into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining 1/3 C of flour and stir to form a soft dough. Transfer to a clean surface and knead for a few minutes, sprinkling on additional flour as needed to make a soft, not sticky, ball of dough.
- Make the pizza. Press the dough out into a 10-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper if you use a baking stone/steel or on a pizza pan. (Rub a pinch of butter on your fingertips to make this easier). Spread the tablespoon of olive oil across the top of the pizza and evenly sprinkle on the garlic powder and kosher salt. Add a little fresh ground pepper to taste.
Next, add the cheese, caramelized onions, and barbecue chicken.
- Cook the pizza. Cook the pizza in your preheated oven. 10-12 minutes if using a pizza pan at 450. 8 minutes if using a baking stone/steel at 500.
- Slice & serve!