Simple, delicious comfort food in a bowl. This quick dish of tortellini with shrimp and bacon is easy to make and easy to eat!
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, & cut into 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 milk
- 1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. In a large, nonstick skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel; chop when cooled. Drain the excess grease from the pan, but do not wipe out the pan.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same pan, over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
4. Add the cooked tortellini and chopped bacon to the shrimp. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Clear a small spot in the middle of the pan and add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds. Stir again to combine the garlic into the mixture.
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons flour across the top of the ingredients in the pan. Pour the milk in onto the flour and stir to thoroughly mix the flour and milk. Increase the heat to medium-high, and bring mixture to a simmer. When it starts simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the Parmesan and cook for 5 more minutes until the sauce thickens.
6. Salt to taste and serve immediately.