Thank you for joining me in this fun sew-along! I can’t wait to make some really cute bags with you!
We are going to be making an awesome bag, perfect for Spring outings and fresh Spring wardrobes. Best part? YOU get to customize your bag with whatever fabric you want! (I’ll even be sharing some tips on how to customize your bag even more).
(This is the model bag. We are making one slightly smaller, but with the same design and structure).
I will be sharing live Facebook videos, at least one a week, maybe two depending on life and how my schedule (kids) cooperates. The videos will break up the sewing into manageable chunks, and will give you a chance to catch up and ask questions as we go.
I will also be sending emails with materials lists, patterns, and video recaps, so make sure you are subscribed to receive the emails, too.
This is my first time doing a sew-along like this, so I am REALLY EXCITED, but also aware that there may be a learning curve to make this the best possible experience for everyone. So don’t hesitate to give me feedback.
What you need to do first ::
- Be sure you are following This Pilgrim Life on Facebook
- Sign up to join the Spring Bag Sew-Along email group
- Gather all your materials (see below)
- Dust off your sewing machine and get ready to sew!
Materials List ::
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post for products used in the project. Purchasing through these links comes at no cost to you and supports this site with a commission. Thanks!
- 1/4 yd vinyl (found in the furniture/upholstery section)
- 3/8 yd heavy-weight fabric like outdoor fabric, home decor fabric, or duck cloth (what I am using) for main bag pieces
- 1/2 yd home decor weight fabric for lining (buy 5/8 yd if you want to make a matching zipper clutch)
- 3/8 yd fusible fleece interfacing
- 3/8 yd mid-weight fusible interfacing
- 12″ zipper
- 2 D-rings
- 3 swivel hooks
- leather needle
- heavy duty thread to match vinyl
- thread to match outer and lining fabric
- 6″ zipper (if you want to make a matching zipper clutch)
Supplies Needed ::
Watch the step-by-step videos ::
- Part 1 :: Pattern making and cutting out your pieces
- Part 2 :: Sewing the pockets and making the straps
- Part 3 :: Assembling the bag
- Part 4 :: Finishing touches
While you’re waiting to get started, check out these other tutorials!